Saturday, September 8, 2007

Costa Rican Birthday

I had a great 24 birthday in Escazu. Allie crept off and went shopping for presents while I worked at school last Sunday, and I was forbidden to go upstairs to the office/loft in our house all week. I received the birthday presents the day before my birthday, because some of them were dying. It was a beautiful assortment of plants, flowers (including two orchids), pots, soil, a watering can, and a shovel. Now I am ready to garden. Things seem to grow so easily in this climate that I don't see how I can go wrong.
On Thursday we went out to a wonderful restaurant called Inka Grill in the Paco shopping center (La Paco used to be a famous doll factory). We had a really tasty Peruvian dinner, which included squid, shrimp, scallop, and sea bass appetizers (a meal in itself) and chicha morada to drink. For the main course Allie ordered lobster bisque and I had pasta with shrimp, scallops, and cream sauce. I also got a big ice cream sundae for dessert. It was hard to walk after that meal, but well worth it.

No comments: